Home » Posts tagged 'father baha'

Tag Archives: father baha

Incredible Pakistan, yet not much known — Part II

Shrine of Sheikh Rukn-Alam

 

Shrine of Sheikh Rukn-Alam
Shrine of Sheikh Rukn-Alam

Shrine of Sheikh Rukn-Alam
Shrine of Sheikh Rukn-Alam

Rukn-ud-Din Abul Fatah 1251 to 1334 was a widely loved scholar and became head of Suhrawardiya Sufi sect founded by his father Baha-ud-Din Zakaria. The structure is built entirely of red brick and timber. The building has two octagonal lower storey’s strengthened by buttresses an supporting massive spired dome almost 20 metres in diameter, and has a total height of over 30 metres. The interior and exterior are decorated with garters of glazed tiles in blue and turquoise laid in regular geometric bas-reliefs. Inside are dozens of chevron shaped ridges laid out on the ground like graves, but the tomb of the saint is draped under a cloth in a canopy. The tomb was built between 1320-1324.

 

Shrine of Bibi Jawindi at Uch Sharif

 

Shrine of Bibi Jawindi at Uch Sharif
Shrine of Bibi Jawindi at Uch Sharif

Bibi Jawindi, the great granddaughter of the saint Jahaniyan Jahangasht, was known for her piety. Her tomb is considered one of the most important, and the most ornate, sites in the town of Uch, which was the centre of Sufism under the Delhi sultanate. In plan it is octagonal on the exterior, with the interior walls angled to form a circle. The thick walls rise to two stories, transforming by way of squinches into a sixteen-sided drum upon which a dome sits, supported by bell-shaped brackets. Both the interior and exterior walls are decorated with a profusion of faience revetment. The tomb is in poor condition. The tomb dates back to 1494 approximately.

 

Hazrat Makhdoom Syed Rajan Qattal Bukhari at Uch Sharif, Cholistan

Hazrat Makhdoom Syed Rajan Qattal Bukhari at Uch Sharif, Cholistan
Hazrat Makhdoom Syed Rajan Qattal Bukhari at Uch Sharif, Cholistan

 

 

Muhammad Hussain Khalipha on Darbar Hazrat Jalal ud Din Surkh posh Bukhari at Uch Sharif

Muhammad Hussain Khalipha on Darbar Hazrat Jalal ud Din Surkh posh Bukhari at Uch Sharif
Muhammad Hussain Khalipha on Darbar Hazrat Jalal ud Din Surkh posh Bukhari at Uch Sharif

 

 

Frere Hall Karachi

 

Frere Hall Karachi
Frere Hall Karachi

Frere Hall Karachi
Frere Hall Karachi

Frere Hall is one of the few well-preserved buildings from the days of the British Raj that still exists in Karachi. It was built in honour of Sir Henry Bartle Edward Frere (1815-1884), who was known for promoting economic development in Karachi. The Hall is located between Abdullah Haroon Road (formerly Victoria Road) and Fatima Jinnah Road (formerly Bonus Road) in the middle of two lawns which extended till the roads. In the vicinity are the the Marriott Hotel, US Consulate and Consul General’s house, the Japanese Consulate and the Sind Club.

 

Shahi Qila Lahore Fort, Lahore

 

Shahi Qila - Lahore Fort
Shahi Qila - Lahore Fort

It cannot be said with certainty when the Lahore Fort was originally constructed or by whom, since this information is lost to history, possibly forever. However, evidence found in archaeological digs gives strong indications that it was built long before 1025 A.D.

 

Sheesh Mahal Inside Lahore Fort, Lahore

 

Sheesh Mahal
Sheesh Mahal

Sheesh Mahal
Sheesh Mahal

The Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors) is located within the Shah Burj block in north-western corner of Lahore Fort. It was constructed under the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1631-32. The ornate white marble pavilion is inlaid with pietra dura and complex mirror-work of the finest quality. The hall was reserved for personal use by the imperial family and close aides. It is among the 21 monuments that were built by successive Mughal emperors inside Lahore Fort, and forms the jewel in the Fort’s crown.[1] As part of the larger Lahore Fort Complex, it has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1981.

 

Hiran Minar Sheikhpura

 

Hiran Minar Sheikhpura
Hiran Minar Sheikhpura

Hiran Minar Sheikhpura
Hiran Minar Sheikhpura

The Mughal Emperor Jehangir enjoyed hunting around the area known as Sheikhpura. In 1616 he built a hunting pavilion at the centre of an artificial lake, and the Hiran Minar, a tower in the memory of his pet deer. In 1619 he built e massive red brick fort, which is still standing.The lake is square and held by bricks and is well stocked with fish. A little arched pavilion stand at each corner of the lake and steps lead down to the water. An arched causeway leads to the three-storey octagonal pavilion in the centre, where Jahangir sat in the graceful arcade and watched the wild animals drawn to the water. Near the end of the causeway stands the deer tower, dedicated to the deer Jahagir called Mansaraj.

 

Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore

 

Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore
Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore

Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore
Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore

Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore
Quaid-E-Azam Library Lahore

Found Nothing About It But Looks Kinda Like The White House

 

Sponsors

%d bloggers like this: