Home » Posts tagged 'water'
Tag Archives: water
Have you answered these questions correctly? Look at the real answers at bottom by some students:
1. Briefly explain what hard water is?
2. What was Sir Walter Raleigh famous for?
3. What did Mahatma Gandhi and Genghis Khan have in common?
4. Name one of the early Romans’ greatest achievements.
5. Name one measure which can be put into place to avoid river flooding in times of extensive rainfall (e.g. in Mississippi).
6. Name six animals which live specifically in the Artic.
7. Name of wife of Orpheus, who he attempted to save from the underworld..
8. Where was the American Declaration of Independence signed?
9. What is the meaning of word “Varicose”?
10. What is the highest frequency noise that a human can register?
11. Explain the phrase “Free Press”.
12. Jonna works in an office. Her computer is stand-alone system. What is a stand-alone computer system?
13. Steve is driving his car. He is travelling at 60 feet/second and the speed limit is 40 mph. Is Steve speeding?
14. What is vibration?
15. Where was Hadrian’s Wall built?
16. Explain why phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) is polar.
17. Tracy is wrong. Use an example showing Tracy is wrong.
18. Sea salt is commercially obtained from sea water by the process of evaporation and crystallization. The main component of sea water is Sodium Chloride. What type of attractive forces or bonds holds the sodium ions and chloride ions together in a crystal of sodium chloride?
19. Find x, when y = 4cms. and Z = 3cms.